Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Product "5-Port Desktop Gigabit Switch, Steel Case" by TP-Link

About the Product: The TP-LINK 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Desktop Switch provides you an easy way to make the transition to Gigabit Ethernet. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality. Moreover, TL-SG105 adopts lower power consumption design. With the innovative energy-efficient technology, the TL-SG105 can save up to 65% of the power consumption, making it an eco-friendly solution for your home or office network.

My Review: This is not a popular brand for Switches, but I decided to try it anyway, considering that the price was honest and I was in need of a Gigabit Switch. The product did not disappoint me. I was able to hardwire my laptop (1000Mbps), my Apple TV (100Mpbs) and they worked just fine together. At this point I do not have any 10Mbps device I could attach to the switch, so I was not able to test that particular speed. The product comes in a very tiny case, very convenient as it does not use a lot of space and it does not get hot over time. The metal case might help dissipate the heat.

The manufacturer sends the 9V adapter and also four rubber feet that you can glue to the bottom of the case, if you are using it over the table. You have the openings in the case, to hang it on the wall, although necessary screws for that are not provided.

Amazon.com was kind enough to provide this product for me through their Vine Program for reviewing and I was not requested to provide a positive review. Opinions expressed here are my own.

If you read this review, fell free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment