Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Product "WD832KEV Ultra Quiet and Strong 1/2 HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener" by Chamberlain

About the Product: From the Manufacturer: The Chamberlain Whisper Drive Ultra-Quiet and Strong 1/2 HP Belt Drive garage door opener is our newest opener and is the ultimate blend of power and quiet. It features our exclusive Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS) – which eliminates power head vibration for reduced noise – making it the ideal choice if you have rooms positioned above the garage. As added convenience features the opener has a timer-to-close function that will automatically close the garage door in case you forget, and MyQ technology that allows your garage door opener to automatically control interior and/or exterior lights (with purchase of additional MyQ accessories) so you will never come home to a dark house again.

My Review: I am not a handy person, by far. And it took me only three hours to remove my old LiftMaster 1/3HP system that was not working properly (it was more than 30 years old) and put this new Chamberlain system in place. The material came very well packed and the instructions to assemble and wiring the system was very clear. Remotes for the car were already programmed. The keypad to open the door from outside was easy to program (I chose my own 4-digit code), following a detailed step by step procedure very well described in the manual. I tried to fool the system by not installing the sensors, but the door simply do not close if the sensors are not there... And that was what took me big part of the three hours of installation, going out and cutting two pieces of 2x4 wood  (not provided) to place the sensors. When I tried to install the sensors directly in the wall, the direct sight that is necessary for the two sensors to work properly was blocked by the frame where the door slides... Anyway, after everything was in place, I was very pleased with the final result. All controls were working properly (including the lights) and it is really a silent motor we are talking about. As I have a two door garage at home, I will place an order for an additional unit of the same model for the other door and I will be able to program the same remote control for the car to open the second door (the remote has three buttons, so it can hold up to three different doors).

Amazon.com was kind enough to provide this product for me through their Vine Program for reviewing and I was not requested to provide a positive review. Opinions expressed here are my own. 

 If you read this review, fell free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment