Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Product "AVR-X1000 In-Command 5.1-Channel Networking Home Theater Receiver with AirPlay (Black)" from Denon

About the Product: The AVR-X1000 A/V surround receiver provides network functions that let you enjoy Spotify, Pandora, and SiriusXM Internet Radio, as well as AirPlay for enjoying content from your iTunes library stored in an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a PC or Mac. It also supports the Denon Remote App that lets you operate the basic functions of the AVR-X1000 from your iPhone or Android device. With the addition of a separate power amplifier, the AVR-X1000’s multi-zone functionality lets other people enjoy music or video entertainment from a separate source in a different room while you enjoy your own programs in the main room.

My Review: This is a very powerful product, very easy to set up. The feature I enjoy most is the two-zone, two-source multi-room capability, that allows me to listen to my music in a room while my daughters are in a different room enjoying the home theater with their program. My previous receiver was a Sony STR-D615 that I have been happily using for the last 18 years. But this new one, being modern, have network capabilities, that really increases how fancy you can go on its usage. It is not fair comparing electronics products that were manufactured almost twenty years apart, but definitely if you have all the other electronics, you will have fun connecting them together and streaming all audio from your iProducts to this Denon equipment. Sound reproduction is very decent (I have JBL speakers) and with proper adjustments it matches the sound quality of my old faithful Sony. Go for it!

Amazon.com was kind enough to provide this product for me through their Vine Program for reviewing and I was not requested to provide a positive review. Opinions expressed here are my own.

If you read this review, fell free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment