About the Product: 2.2-cubic-foot microwave oven with Inverter technology for true, variable microwave power. Attractively housed in fingerprint-resistant stainless steel, this 1250-watt microwave oven by Panasonic makes a stylish and convenient addition to any contemporary kitchen. The 2.2-cubic-foot unit with its 16-1/2-inch turntable perfectly cooks and evenly heats anything from breakfast foods and after-school snacks to dinnertime meals and appetizers when entertaining. Ideal for busy professionals and on-the-go families, the microwave oven provides quick and easy meal preparation while nicely accommodating surrounding decor. Create savory stews and other meals with ease. The countertop oven can be installed in the wall using an optional matching trim kit. Many people just use their microwaves for making popcorn or warming up soup because most microwaves just have one temperature setting--high. Conventional microwave ovens might have a low-power setting, but this is achieved by "pulsing" the high-power setting on and off rather than by emitting a steady stream of low-powered energy. Panasonic's trailblazing Inverter technology delivers true, variable microwave power, which means even temperatures and consistent textures throughout the food being cooked. The consistent delivery of microwave energy allows delicate foods to simmer without the edges and surfaces overcooking, so foods have the look and taste you expect--without the wait. The Inverter microwave oven perfects the art of cooking, taking microwave cooking to a whole new level. You'll experience delicious food that better retains its color, nutrients, and flavor and that's easier and faster to prepare. Oh, and you can still make great popcorn. Single, Compact Power Supply Furthermore, the Inverter power unit is smaller and lighter than conventional microwave circuitry (aka the heavy, enclosed side of the microwave), which allows for more interior space to fit that favorite casserole dish, without increasing the oven's overall exterior dimensions. Weighing just 37 pounds, the oven's roomy interior measures 18-1/2 inches long by 18-7/16 inches wide by 10-15/16 inches high, while its compact exterior measures 19-7/16 inches long by 23-7/8 inches wide by 14 inches high.
- One-Touch Genius Sensor Cook With the touch of Panasonic's Sensor Cooking button, the microwave takes the guesswork out of creating a great meal, by automatically setting power levels and adjusting cooking or defrosting time. The sensor measures the amount of steam produced during cooking, and signals the microprocessor to calculate the remaining cooking time at the appropriate power level automatically.
- Embossed Tactile Control Panel Raised control panel buttons deliver a slight resistant and enhanced feedback when pressed for quicker, more intuitive touch-sensitive operation.
- Inverter Turbo Defrost Panasonic evolved the Turbo Defrost feature, which allows you to defrost foods even faster than previous Panasonic Auto Defrost. Panasonic Inverter Turbo Defrost technology is an advanced microwave sequencing system using the inverter continuous-power delivery method.
- Keep Warm Feature A pulsing delivery of very low microwave power keeps food temperatures at a constant level--without overcooking. So, foods like stew, gravy, and desserts remain warm in the oven until they're ready to be served.
- Clock/Timer Time-of-day clock and versatile timer provide exceptional convenience.
- Quick Minute - The one-touch button allows you to automatically set the time in one-minute increments.
- Child-Safety Lock - For safety, the oven's child safety lock prevents electronic operation (door still opens). Press Start three times to lock ("Lock" will display); press Stop/Reset three times to cancel.
Make Mealtime Marvelous Create all your favorite recipes, quickly and easily, with Panasonic's Inverter microwave oven. Eggs Appetizers Soups Casseroles Fish/seafood Meats Pasta/grains/cereals Poultry Sauces Vegetable side dishes Pies Desserts and breads.
My Review: This is a state of the art microwaves. Interior space is huge (I bought the 2.2 cubic foot), allowing my wife to put a whole soup casserole inside it! But it would be just a regular microwave if not by its incredible feature called One Touch Genius Sensor. The microwave adjust its power levels based on the amount of steam produced during cooking and calculate the remaining cooking time. This is just perfect so you do not need to guess and overheat your meal. More than that, although the physics behind the scenes goes beyond my knowledge, the Inverter Technology seems to work fine, adjusting power level to intermediate levels without stay just pulsing high power on and off, heating your food uniformly. So, the problem of defrost foods with pieces of ice still there is over. This microwave also has a beautiful design, with stainless steel exterior, looks good in our kitchen. Panel is easy to understand and use. I highly recommend this product.
Amazon.com was kind enough to provide this product for me through their Vine Program for reviewing and I was not request to provide a positive review. Opinions expressed here are my own.
If you read this review, fell free to leave a comment!