Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Product "Colorful Activity at Times Square Augmented Reality Jigsaw Puzzle, 1000-Piece" by Ravensburger

About the Product: Discover Times Square with a 360-degree view while finding out interesting facts about NYC. Project your own picture on one of the billboards and forward to your friends. Ravensburger's Augmented Reality puzzle collection makes your puzzle come alive. Download the free AR Puzzle app from the App Store that utilizes the camera function of the iPhone® or iPad® versions 2 or higher to animate the scene. Experience a totally new visual reality and reveal audio details, sound effects and factual formation.

My Review: I love the picture selection. In a sense it makes the puzzle easier with so many colors. Usually if you have similar tonalities of blue (skies, seas) or green (trees, grass), things are more challenging, but there is a lot of fun on this puzzle. I am a puzzle maniac, having assembled jigsaw puzzles from 100 to 9000 pieces (a 13200 pieces is in the queue and I am really going to the 18,000 and 32,000 pieces from Ravensburger in the future...). Some of them were 3D puzzles, like the Taj Mahal, US Capitol, Neuschwanstein Castle, Big Ben, etc. This particular puzzle is another very high quality product from Ravensburger. All the pieces have an excellent finishing and they stick together very well. 
What differentiates this puzzle from any other I have assembled before is the so called Augmented Reality, bringing more reality through the use of an application that I loaded on my iPhone. With this application, you chose between 360 degree view or facts. When you point your camera to certain parts of the puzzle you have in the screen of the phone more level of details in better resolution than you can see in the puzzle itself or some facts about that image. It is kind of entertaining for a while.
I usually assemble this size of puzzles on top of Foam Boards. They are very light and conveniently cheap. The foam board being 3/16'' (5mm) gives your puzzle enough support. I usually cut the board (easily done with a cutter) after glueing the puzzle, leaving a border of 1'' at each side, so I can pin the board in my garage (that, at this point, is full of puzzles...). What help me a lot is that my wife and daughters also like the challenge, so we move fast. A 1,000 piece puzzle do not last a weekend, although the 8,000 piece one took us 2 months (most 2 to 3 hours at night work) to put together. It took us 3 days to put this one together. I highly recommend this puzzle for the excellent quality to everyone that enjoys challenges alone or with the whole family. It is a guaranteed entertainment for hours, listening to music or talking in family environment. 

Amazon.com was kind enough to provide this product for me through their Vine Program for reviewing and I was not request to provide a positive review. Opinions expressed here are my own. 

 If you read this review, fell free to leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment